A CARAVAN caught fire this afternoon, Boxing Day, at Kenn.

Firefighters from Middlemoor were called to Kenn shortly after 3pm.

Fire Control said: ‘We mobilised local crews following a number of calls reporting a caravan fire.

‘Upon arrival crews confirmed that smoke was issuing and got to work.

‘During the incident crews used: one breathing apparatus, One hose reel jet, One thermal image camera, Small tools.

‘The cause is believed to be accidental.’


For more information on safety with caravans and camping, visit the Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service website at https://www.dsfire.gov.uk/safety/outdoors/camping-caravanning