FIREFIGHTERS from Chagford were called out to deal with a fire that destroyed a shed, generator and woodpile this afternoon, Sunday.

Fire Control received a call earlier today reporting a shed on fire in close proximity to a residence near Hatherleigh.

Fire crews from Chagford, Okehampton and Holsworthy were quickly mobilised to the incident and on arrival confirmed one shed containing a generator and wood well alight.

A spokesperson reports: ‘Crews were able to contain the fire to the shed and used four breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, one 45 millimetre jet, and one thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.

‘The shed, wood, and generator were completely destroyed by fire.

‘The fire is believed to be accidental.’