A FIRE damaged a bathroom at a thatched home in Stokeinteignhead this morning (Tuesday).

Fire control took a call from a property occupier stating the alarm was sounding and there was a room full of smoke but they were out of the property. 

Crews were sent from Newton Abbot and Torquay.

A Fire Control spokesperson said: ‘On arrival the crews located the fire in a bathroom involving a towel rail. The property was thatched but didn’t involve any of the thatch. 

‘Fire crews used two breathing apparatus sets, one thermal imaging camera, one hose reel jet, one safety jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan. There was some fire damage to the towel rail and 2m by 2m of bathroom wall.’