FOUR fire engines were mobilised to an incident in Newton Abbot this past weekend.

Following a call to Control, the appliance, along with an Aerial Ladder platform, were called to a proper in Newton Abbot on Saturday, November 11.

Upon arrival the Incident Commander confirmed that there was a fire in the kitchen.

As a result of the fire the property suffered 100% smoke damage, with the cause believed to be accidental. 

Throughout the incident crews used the following equipment: Four breathing apparatus; one hose reel jet; one safety jet; a short ladder; Thermal Image camera; small tools and a positive pressure ventilation fan.