This Victorian country house is full of period feature and was once part of an estate that cared for blind babies.
Greystone House, in Abbotskerswell, sits in the Court Grange Estate, which was built in 1865 by Mrs Marcus Hare, whose family acted as the village patrons and benefactors for 60 years.
In 1928, Court Grange was given to the National Institute for the Blind as a blind babies’ home, and in 1963 became a school for deaf children, eventually closing in 1999.
Greystone house has been recently renovated, and comprises more than 4,000 square feet of accommodation over four floors.
On the ground floor, there is a reception hall leading to the main sitting room, which features a large bay window and a fireplace with a wood-burning stove, as well as a formal dining room with a stone fireplace.
There is also a kitchen and breakfast room with a breakfast room and integrated appliances, opening into the conservatory, which has a vaulted glazed roof.
Downstairs, the lower ground floor comprises a large room with French doors, which could be used as a study, a playroom or an additional sitting room.
On the first floor, the master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom, a walk-in wardrobe and French doors to a balcony, and of the other four bedrooms, one has its own balcony, and another has an en-suite bathroom, while a family bathroom serves the other bedrooms.
Outside, there is a lawned garden and several seating areas, a timber summerhouse and an outdoor kitchen, plus a double garage and driveway.
The property is being sold by Stags for a guide price of £850,000.
Stags commented: “Situated in the Court Grange Estate, Greystone House is a spacious Victorian Country House that offers more than 4,300 sq. ft. of flexible accommodation arranged over four floors.
“During the owner’s tenure, Greystone House has been tastefully renovated to ensure that the modern convenience is combined seamlessly with a wealth of period features including spacious rooms, high ceilings with ornate cornicing, deep skirting boards, large picture windows and decorative fireplaces.”