AN historic quadruple is still within reach for Kingsteignton Athletic following their frantic 3-3 draw with 10-man Waldon Athletic last night.

The Rams fell behind twice during the South Devon Football League Division One clash at Broadpark before fighting back to lead in the latter stages.

An 88th-minute equaliser ensured the sides would go away with a point each – which wasn’t enough for the visitors, who needed a win to keep their own title hopes alive.

It was Waldon who took the lead with 13 minutes gone when Ajay Tehrani reacted quickest to a blocked set-piece to stab home.

Oli Kewell replied by hitting the post for the hosts before Cal Leech levelled things up on the half-hour mark.

Five minutes later and the travelling side hit the front again in emphatic fashion, Harrison Beer cutting in from a throw-in and rifling an effort across Wayne Pearce and into the far corner.

The second half was barely five minutes old when Kingsteignton got back on level terms for a second time, Leech taking on the last defender before smartly rolling the ball in off the far post.

Visiting keeper Kit Glanvill had to be alert to tip an effort from Kewell around the post just after the hour, but moments later he would be picking the ball out of his net for the third time.

Oli Moxham was given a second yellow card for hacking down Leech in front of the away dugout, with Kelsey Leech getting his head on the resulting free-kick to put his side ahead for the first time in the game.

With two minutes left the scores were levelled once more when Harrison Arnold was handed too much space in the area and forced the ball past Pearce.

And the two sides ultimately had to make do with a point each, despite Waldon pushing for a late winner which would have sent them provisionally to top spot.

The result leaves the Rams fourth in the league standings and three points off the summit, with games in hand over the teams above them.

But those matches will be home and away against table-toppers Paignton Saints Reserves, plus the prospect playing of third-placed Chudleigh Athletic at home on the final day.

Then there is the small matter of three cup finals in 12 days, starting with the climax of the Herald Cup against The Windmill on May 13.

Then come two more encounters with Chudleigh – first in the Devon Senior Cup final [May 21], then in the Dartmouth Cup final [May 24].