TEIGNBRIDGE will have at least one team in this season’s Devon Premier Cup final after Buckland Athletic Reserves got the better of Holsworthy Reserves last night.

A ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ performance from Marc Revell’s men saw them overturn a 1-0 first half deficit to win 2-1 away in Torridge.

Charley Skilton got the opener for the hosts, who were perhaps unlucky not to add to their lead as a nervy Bucks side searched for a foothold in the game.

But a much improved second half showing for the visitors saw them strike back through Fraser Rudge and Jacob Scotte-Hatherley to book themselves a spot in the final.

And despite Revell’s frustration at his side’s first half nerves, the Bucks boss said he’s pleased they have a shot at some silverware.

‘It was a frustrating first half from my perspective,’ he explained. ‘We were nervous. It’s the first game for a while that has had a lot resting on it for us.

‘I think that the lads perhaps looked at Holsworthy and underestimated them. I thought they were really good.

‘But if we’d played that first half like we did in the quarter-final against Topsham, we probably would’ve been out of sight.

‘Like I’ve said before, though – getting to the final is great because it gives us a chance to finish this cycle with a trophy.’

Buckland chose to play down the slope in the first half in an effort to pin their opponents in – but after falling behind it looked as though the plan had backfired.

‘Holsworthy took the lead after about 25 minutes and then they were camped in our half,’ Revell said. ‘We were lucky not to concede another two or three.

‘Half-time couldn’t come quick enough, really. I gave the lads a bit of a dressing-down.

‘It’s frustrating because I shouldn’t have to wait until minute 45 to address an issue that was evident in minute two.

‘If Holsworthy would have gone on and won then I would’ve gone and shook every one of their hands. They gave a great account of themselves.

‘But luckily in the second half we were fantastic. We have a good team spirit here, which definitely helped.’

Revell says he and his players plan to attend next Wednesday’s other semi-final between Liverton United and Mount Gould at The Halford Ground.

The competition’s final is set to take place at Coach Road later this month.